Lots of users confront similar errors every day because their applications fail to find the essential run-time components. If you have received the above message, you are probably in search of effective fixes for it, too. Though the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error may be responsible for the delay in your work and your moodiness, it is not that critical. We offer some effective methods for solving the problem. Hope that some of them would be useful.
Why the “Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is Missing” Error Occurs
Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) are external parts of your Windows applications. These libraries serve as storages for important pieces of code most Windows programs need for running. DLLs are stored in your computer’s memory and are called to when their contents are required by a certain application. Consequently, if a DLL component is corrupted or removed completely, the application fails to open and you get the error message, such the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error message.
What Can be Done to Address the Problem in Several Minutes
1. Though your immediate reaction to the system error may be an urge to download api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, which is deemed missing, from the Internet, we would recommend you restarting your computer first. Very often corrupted DLL components prevent your PC from reacting adequately to certain commands. In such a case, rebooting can be an effective solution worth being tried when dealing with the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error.
2. Another possible fix involves updating your Windows OS to the latest version. In the majority of situations where users find themselves dealing with DLL errors, the main cause of the error is outdated OS unable to adequately support the new or recently updated applications. Windows 10 is compatible with any program, therefore, having the system updated to this version substantially reduces the risk of getting different sorts of system errors.
To upgrade your OS to the latest version, make sure to take the following steps:
● Head to the Start menu. Then, go to the Control Panel and choose “System and Security” from there.
● Select the “Windows Update” option and start looking for available updates.
● Then, choose the “Select Updates to Install window” to find the update you would like to install on your computer. Confirm the action by clicking on OK. Wait for the chosen update to install.
● Restart your comp and check if the error still persists.
3. Have you ever happened to find useful files or necessary documents in your Recycle Bin? Yes, sometimes we do delete the essential components inadvertently, which brings us lots of confusion and trouble. Fortunately, we can always recover the necessary files from the Bin by highlighting them and selecting “Restore.” Take care to do the same, if you discover the missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll component in your Recycle Bin.
Recovering the Necessary Files with the Help of Special Software
There are lots of online sources offering software that can help you recover the missing or corrupt files. You can also avail of the help of similar software, which, nonetheless, should be downloaded only from safe and reputable sources.
Scanning System for Malware
As you know, various viruses, Trojans, and spyware may be responsible for corrupting certain files on your PC. If you experience any DLL-related problem, it would be a wise choice to run a full scan over your system in order to detect and remove potentially harmful software.
To secure your system from viruses, we recommend enabling the in-built Windows defender. Just search for Windows Defender in All Programs. Press “Scan” and then, “Full Scan” to check the system for possible viruses.
Reinstalling the Troublesome Program
If the methods offered above proved to be ineffective, consider reinstalling the program that gives you the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error.
All you need to do is to go to the Start Menu, choose “Programs” from the Control Panel and then, select the “Uninstall the Program” option.
Scroll down the emerged list of programs until you find the one you want to uninstall. Select the necessary program and press “Uninstall.” Click OK. When the program successfully uninstalled, make sure to perform its installation again.