LONDON – England – With fuel duty making up over 70% of the price of petrol in the UK, all it takes is a little unrest in the Middle East to take the petrol price increase to unbelievable levels.
GET BRITAIN MOVING AGAIN BOYCOTT THE PUMPS!
“Petrol will rise by 5p a litre by next week and the Chancellor is most probably planning to bring in large fuel duty increases as more ‘good news’ feeds in regarding the economy. Currently due to the recession, the fuel tax escalator has stalled, but when interest rates rise, so will the fuel duty to even more ridiculous levels. The government raising taxes as well as the added misery of crude oil prices rising daily because of Middle Eastern turmoil will be a major squeeze on peoples’ finances in the not too distant future,” said the Petrol Retailers’ Association.
Filling the petrol tank of a standard car in the UK today costs a minimum of £120 ($186).
Already 75% of the fuel price in the UK is made up of tax revenue for the government. Nowhere in the world is petrol this expensive and the fluctuation of the world’s crude oil prices add to the British motorist’s discontent.
Ever wondered why the petrol price goes up as soon as bad news comes out, but when the crude oil price drops, pump prices still go up? The simple reason for this is that the UK motorist is being shafted with a big stick and their apathy to this fact is why this terrible injustice continues year after year.
YOU can make a difference by not buying petrol any more
Dear readers, pass this on to your friends, your enemies and anyone else who will listen. We can do something, we can make a difference, we can stop the utter madness of Britain’s rip off fuel prices.
Here is what YOU can do:
1. STOP buying petrol. Walk! Ride a bike! Ride a horse! Ride an elephant!
2. Do not buy any more fuel. If every Briton stopped buying petrol, maybe the criminals who are perpetuating the daylight fuel robbery may stop and listen.
3. Petrol? What’s that? Just forget it ever existed. Change your lifestyle, and you shall be set free from the petrol prison.
4. Forget about travelling outside a 50 mile radius of your home.
5. Work from home. Be self sufficient and sever your ties with anything that requires long distance travel.
6. Sell your car. It’s not worth running it or being a cash cow anymore. No more MOT, road tax, insane insurance costs, parking fines, bus lane fines, speeding fines or repairs.
7. You don’t need to drive your car to the shops. Stop buying useless f*cking junk anyway. Only go to the shops for essential items and either walk or ride your bike there.
8. Grow your own food at home to minimise the need to travel to the shops.
9. If you can afford to buy a train ticket at today’s rip off prices by all means do so once in awhile if a long distance journey is essential.
10. Invent a vehicle that runs on anything but petrol. Good luck with that one.
PRINT THIS PAGE OUT AND PUT IT ONTO YOUR FRIDGE OR WALL. REMIND YOURSELF EVERY DAY TO NOT BUY PETROL ANY MORE. REPEAT THIS MESSAGE TO YOURSELF EVERY DAY WHEN YOU WAKE UP. YOU DO NOT NEED PETROL. YOU DO NOT NEED A CAR. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY TO TRAVEL. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE FINED, TAXED AND TRACKED FOR TRAVELLING.